RIR Screams at me and chases me!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by my5hens, May 14, 2011.

1. my5hens

my5hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    My RIR, Fiona has gotten quite aggressive with me! First off, she screams at me if I go anywhere near their coop even if its just to feed them She will scream at me and then sort of hunch up and she looks mad and defensive. Then I let them out today and she pecked at me! Not only did she go after my legs but she actually chased me across the yard, feathers all puffed out and whatnot!

You'd think she was a rooster but I know she's a female because I see her laying eggs!

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Wow! Yep thats all I got! Is there a chance that maybe she is hiding eggs or chicks out there somewhere? Other than that I don't know, is somebody neighbor kids teasing her or anything new going on, has she always been like that or is this a new behavior for her?[​IMG] you know what,, is there a possibilily she is Broody and is more aggressive (protective) than most?

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. goldtopper

goldtopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    Can you stand your ground and show dominance? You've got to be at the top of the pecking order if you are in charge of food and lodging.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by