RIR wanted Near Memphis, TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jmass, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jmass

jmass Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    Marion
    I am looking for a few RIR hens. I am in Marion, AR just 15 miles from memphis. I would also be interested in Leghorn hens or pulletts. I have a 6 year old daughter that wants chickens for her birthday next week.

2. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    I have a few rir's and leghorns but i am in dickson tennessee and want 7 a piece for them.

3. jmass

jmass Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    Marion
    froggy, thanks but thats going to be to far of a drive for me.

4. froggy

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    well if my boyfriends goes to miss. to visit his dad i could send you some. how many do you want.

5. jmass

jmass Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    Marion
    2 or 3 of each. What part of MS will he go to. Do you know when he will go.

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I just got off the phone with Russell's Farm Supply in Collerville, TN and they are getting a shipment of RIR pullets next week.

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I have a few older white leghorn hens. They're not laying very well right now. I am near Jackson,Tn. A neighbor of mine has RIR. I don't know if he wants to sell any,but I could ask him.

8. froggy

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    gina my hens are not laying good either cause the heat.i would love some more hens if anyone has any I am in dickson,tn

9. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I read that you wanted more hens and planned to get with you. I have a some pure breed speckled sussex I could let go of. I'm not sure of the exact count but I have around 12 hens about 3 years old and probably that many young ones anywhere from 3-5 months old. They are good layers, in fact, they are just about all that are laying right now. I'm not sure how well they do in the winter. These were my brother's birds and I took them because a neighbor's dog(s) were killing them off and the neighbor would not keep the dogs up. He had to work during the day, so could not protect them. I am about 10 miles South of Jackson, just inside Chester Co.
    I will be selling hatching eggs for these and my cucoo marans starting around November. Right now they are all together, so I will have to separate them soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  10. froggy

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    gina call me at 615-446-0302 so we can talk price please

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by