Rir x EE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TopRooster, Feb 22, 2017.

1. TopRooster

TopRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Has any one crossed a rir rooster and a EE hen? I had a broody hatch some of these eggs and I was wondering what they might look like.

2. TopRooster

Mar 27, 2016
    They look like some intersting birds

3. TopRooster

Mar 27, 2016
    I am hoping to get a roo because me EE rooster was killed by a dog along with some other roosters. Two of the chicks that hatched seem to be the same cross but the parents of different roles. One chick has no beard and a straight comb but is red and has the EE eyeliner and stripes and came out of a brown egg so I think the mom was a rir and the father my EE. The other chick has beard muffs and a pea comb and came out of a blue green egg. It has red coloring and EE looks so I'm pretty sure the mom was an EE and the father an rir. I will try to get a pic of them tomorrow

4. TopRooster

Mar 27, 2016
    Chick 1. [​IMG].

5. TopRooster

Mar 27, 2016
    [​IMG]. [​IMG]

6. TopRooster

Mar 27, 2016
    Chick 2 [​IMG]. [​IMG]. [​IMG]

7. Galway Girl

Galway Girl Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2015
    HUNTINGTON BEACH,CA.
    Hi , I have 6 hens with one being the sweetest Buff Orpington imaginable. I hate to favor anyone but she is extra special to me. My friend has Silver lace Lavender Orpington Roosters ,( hope that's worded right ) and has offered to loan me one. What does everyone think of this crossing ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by