1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rise of the planet of the Apes: the movie?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WooingWyandotte, Sep 20, 2011.

1. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    I'm running off to watch it! Spontaneous, very spontaneous...then again, I'm a spontaneous person. Heeheee. Any comments ont his movie and what you thought of it? I'd like to hear it! Gotta go now.

2. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Keep in mind that while some of the story is based on scientific possibility, it's taken far into hyperbole. But while watching it, I forgot all that and just enjoyed believing it for two hours.

[​IMG]

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Quote:but then so were the originals...

It was pretty good.

4. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:but then so were the originals...

It was pretty good.

I agree. I just said that because when I talked about the movie with someone at my job, the possibility of it being a reality in our lifetime was mentioned by the other person. Sometimes we have to keep in mind that science fiction movies are still fiction. It's fun to get lost in them while we watch them, but this person was assuming it was something we could actually do now.

5. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    I enjoyed it. Particularly because I'm an animal gal, the idea that apes go live in a forest and beat the humans up (though when Ceasar was cantering on that horse...there's NO way, he would have gotten thrown) If I was seven I'd have liked the movie even more. It's fun to believe it for awhile, even though nothing like that would ever happen. [​IMG]
    It's interesting how they turned just an 'ape' into a dramatic movie that catches you up, holding my breath. I loved the action in it! I'm not someone that's into the crazy gunshooting, cars roarin' (like Transformers) type of action. I like animal action that's actually realistic to a certain extent.

6. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Watching the trailer, all I could think was...

Wow, apes with light poles and pointy sticks win against machine guns and automatic rifles. That is so freaking stupid. Give me a gun and I'll give you a dead monkey.

Then again, I'm the guy who'd be cheering for the RDA in Avatar. [​IMG]

I need to see both of those movies.

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

It was actually pretty good. . .I thought it was very sad, and more for adults or young adults than pre-teens. My DS was ok with it, but said there wasn't enough fighting to make it a good monkey movie. LOL. I did like the actors though, and the special effects were very good. Not as impressive as 2012, but still very good.

8. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    I liked it but thought the ending was lame. It does leave the story line open for a sequel but come on....a bunch of apes living in the trees outside of a big city?? No way...they'd have been dead in no time. So I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

9. kellyjo8437

kellyjo8437 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Dunnellon
    Quote:I sooooooo agree. My favorite part was when the orangutan was signing and telling Ceasar Apes are stupid and then the apes below did a totally stupid thing.... Made me laugh out loud [​IMG]

10. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:I sooooooo agree. My favorite part was when the orangutan was signing and telling Ceasar Apes are stupid and then the apes below did a totally stupid thing.... Made me laugh out loud [​IMG]

Yeah, that was hilarious. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by