1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ritz Chicken Casserole

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Poison Ivy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    This a recipe from my uncle that is out of this world good. My inlaws went crazy over it and my FIL called it good packing food!

Ritz Chicken Casserole

4 chicken breast
    1 small sour cream
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 stick of butter
    2 packs of Ritz crackers
    1 can cream of mushroom soup ( opitional) I use it in mine

Boil chicken & debone return to broth add cream of chicken & thicken with cornstarch & water. Add sour cream and mix well. Pour mixture into a casserole dish top with ritz crackers. Melt butter and pour over top. Bake 25 minutes at 400* Should be thick not soupy when done.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh this sounds good! I've got to try it. But I have 2 questions. First, do you use the mushroom soup & the cr of chicken or replace the cr of chicken with the mushroom? Second, would it work to cut the amount of chicken in half (there are only 2 of us)? If so would I also cut the ingred in half as well?

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    That amount is about right for 2 people it give you a little for left overs for lunch. I always have to double it for our family. No you can just add the cream of mushroom to the recipe or leave it out. I just add both for flavor. I guess you could just cut the recipe in half if you like. I also chop up my chicken into bite size pieces after its done boiling.

4. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    anyother quest for ya.........Do I cook the chicken completly before adding it in the recipes?

Thanks,
    Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by