Road is being proposed through family farm!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenannie, Feb 23, 2009.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    We read in the NEWSPAPER recently that a new road is being proposed through my family farm as a way for truck traffic to bypass the downtown main street. We had NO idea -- I am shocked, my family is shocked. We are totally against it. It is being proposed for a "long-term" plan so it wouldn't happen right away.
    It is preposterous for this to even be considered!

After doing some research it appears that a local trucking company is *probably* behind the proposed road because it would make a shortcut straight past their business as well as to another major road.

When will people value farmland over development! This is agricultural land!

I know many of you are farmers and live in rural areas -- that's why I'm posting here. If anyone has advice, please give...

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Start calling your zoning reps and tell them about you and your cause....I had to make 18 plus calls for another zoning issue but seriously...you want them to get to know you and be on your side.

And not all of them are trust worthy....I had 2 guys say they would not vote against us--one said, we need small business people like you-- and then a third guy talked to them and got the 3 of them to vote against us. But our case still passed because the other's voted for us.

I started a petition and got close to 150 signitures.

You got a fight on your hands and I suggest you get moving. Do research and talk to the mayor your state represenative and anyone else who will listen and ALL your neighbors.

And to keep your mind at ease...read Romans in the Bible regarding court proceedings and higher officials.

And pray.

Love in Christ,
    Gretchen

**and we got real close to one of the main guys...really great guy...he told us EVERYTHING we should do and not do...

We even ended up doing work at his house when it was all said and done and hanging out with him. Great guy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. nicoe

nicoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    oklahoma
    sorry to hear what your going through... sorry i cant give any advice but stay strong and fight till you win!!!!!!

god bless you and your family
    nicole

4. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Don't give in! [​IMG] Fight Fight Fight

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the web sites... I've been reading them just now.

One problem I'm coming across, is in a rural area, there's not many homes in the proposed area, and the few homeowners that are living here seem easily intimidated. Some of the people said "oh i'll just move if that happens." Others said, Oh you'll never be able to fight that.
    How can you get people to care when they don't want to fight?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Right is Might.... fight fight fight.................

7. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    If its your land and the COMPANY proposed the idea then you put down a statement with a number, with alot of zeros behind it for the land. They cant take your land under Imminent Domain just because of a company. It has to be public use.

During the "Bauernkriege" in Europe in the 16th century the black flag was used by the revolting farmers.

Raise a fist and carry the black flag !

8. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] FIGHT!!!!

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Tell them not to be complacent.............. you will need to be their spokesperson.... have a full community meeting at your house and voice your concerns....stir their inner fires...... it is not that easy to upsticks and move, expecially if they love where they live..... tell them about health concerns with all the exhaust fumes, both for them and their animals etc etc... good luck and please keep the board posted..... you can do this...fight....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by