Road Runner did it!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygirl4513, May 22, 2008.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    My lil banty roo crowed 3 times this morning. I've never heard such a thing, It was a lil squeaky crow. I wondered what in the world it was and turned to see Road Runner singing a tune. I think he was a lil embarrassed since right after that my big ole Buff Cochin roo, "Big Boy" let a huge crow out to put my banty in his place. This is my first banty roo and 2 hens, so I'm experiencing all sorts of things with them. It was so cute!!! [​IMG]

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    How cute [​IMG] Bantams do mature alot sooner than the standards do..but I do love to hear their first little crows.
    I have a Splash modern game roo named Road Runner,lol. He's nothing but legs [​IMG] What breed is your Road Runner?

3. countrygirl4513

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I don't know what kind he is, I picked him out at TSC back at Easter. He is solid gray with gray/blue legs. I wish I could upload a pic but I'm on dial up. Any guesses, by my discription?

4. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    My little roos are just starting to crow. My daughter and her hubby live on the other side of the farm and our roos are answering hers when they blast out a big one. They are hilarious. Squawking out little screeches, but they are getting better. [​IMG]

Country girl, where is portland Tn? We live in Blountville, upper East Tn near Bristol

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Do you tell them what a wonderful crow that was? I do even as I'm laughing.

6. countrygirl4513

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Quote:Robertson county on the KY TN line, about 45 miles north of Nashville

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by