Road trip before work tomorow AM to pickup our first frizzle hen :) !

JP101010

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Sangre De Cristo Mountains , Colorado
We ( mostly me haha) are so excited to find a local Frizzle and a hen to boot! The Guy who has her for sale an hour south of us could only meet us tomorow morning. so here we go , before work at 7 am going to pick up a chicken- more in gas $ than the sale price of the bird
lol.png
But this will be so great for our little spoiled flock of pet chickens
we have currently 6 silkies/bantams- 3 hens 3 roos- plenty of room in the barn coop for more hens. contemplating giving away free our Black silkie rooster- he is beautiful but needs more lady friends or less fellow roosters than we can arrange for him at the moment
Any suggestions for any special care for frizzles?
any special instructions on whether i should quarintine? this hen just began laying and i will be visting the property where she lives- should i only quarintine if this person has a large flock or only if i can see unhealthy birds?
i will ask whether this hen has ever been medicated or vaccinated. I know the basic unhealthy bird signs to look for :
feathers& Feet
parting the feathers to see the skin
eyes & nose
respiratory abnormalities
overall body condition
walk/ gait

any other suggestions-
im soo excited you would think this is my first chicken-
lau.gif

I guess this is the first time i have ever had to buy an adult chicken when i already have birds to think about at home bio security wise. to quarintine or not to quarintine? if so how long?

84541_frizzlehen.jpg

This is her Picture in the Ad on craigslist
Any Name Suggestions-We like People Names Only
big_smile.png

Ill be so heartbroken if i get there and shes obviously sickly- So me and the chickens especially the roosters have our fingers crossed
lol.png

just got a text from the guy saying he has other hens/pullets and much more- quails ,peacocks , etc
th.gif
- Dh is hating Craigslist right about now
lau.gif

Im picturing our van full to the brim with peacocks and frizzle feathers hanging out the windows as we drive the toll road home
lol.png
clucking and weird peacock noises every time we stop through a toll booth
haha not no im sure i will have some self control- maybe 2 or 3 hens
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom