Roadside Stand chickie pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by R3Rugrats, Aug 9, 2008.

1. R3Rugrats

R3Rugrats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    Hi Again...

Here's some updated pictures of the chicks I hatched from a roadside stand... They're actually feathering out very quickly it seems.
    #1 This one's neat b/c it has Muffs?? I think.
    [​IMG]

#2 Feathered legs and very soft and fluffy maybe Favorelle?
    [​IMG]

#3 Feathered GREEN legs... Very wierd.. I'm not sure what produces green legs other than EE's. Very soft and fluffy. Here's 2 pictures of this chick, I wanted to get a picture of the colors on the wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyways.. any guesses would be appreciated. Oh and if you look at #1 the comb is different then the others, sort of flat. Maybe someone could guess sex also???

Thanks

2. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

The last chick almost looks like a D'Uccle...I only have 3 Mille Fleur D'Uccles, but that's EXACTLY what they looked like when they were chicks! They have green legs too. Also, the wings had the same pattern. My chicks were just a different color.

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty sure they're mixed. I think I detect a hint of silkie in there, dark skin on 1-3, extra toe on 2-3 and that nostril looks like a crested mix's. The comb on #1 could sure be part silkie. Going to be neat to watch them grow up, lucky you! [​IMG]

4. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    # 1 looks like an EE to me. # 2 maybe a faverolle, even has five toes. No idea on # 3.
    Do D'Uccle chickens have five toes?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. Rabid Vulture

Rabid Vulture Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Sherwood, Oregon
    #1 Looks like an Ameracauna.

#2 Not a faverolle, they're very yellow when born. Could be a faverolle or silkie cross?

#3 Silkie or a silkie cross.

Maybe post more picks when they get older? Lol. It's hard to tell at their age.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Hey what fun. I haven't a clue what they are... give us some pics in 10 weeks!

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    All but that first one look like silkie crosses.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Not sure about #1, but 2 and 3 look like EE x Silkie crosses.

9. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    #2 Not a faverolle, they're very yellow when born. Could be a faverolle or silkie cross?

Don't Faverolles come in different colors?​

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yes, there are different faverolle varieties. Salmons hatch out yellowish-white.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by