Rob Needs A-Frame / "Ark" Coop Images / Info ASAP

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Nifty-Chicken, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone!

I'm working on a very special / important BYC project and I need to find someone that built an A-Frame / ARK type coop and can provide me with really good pictures ASAP!

I need someone that has great in process / construction pictures and information about where they placed roosts, feeder, waterer, etc.

Please reply here with questions or PM me and I'll give you some really cool details of the project!!!

Thanks!

2. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I might be building one soon.....

3. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's a pic of mine. It's currently housing aracaunas, but I want to turn it into a banty shanty only.

[​IMG]

Being moved--
    [​IMG]

Frame for run--
    [​IMG]

Inside view
    [​IMG]

It was built using the basic design I found on a web site. I'm not sure if I can post the link! And it was built by DBFs dad so I can't help with that part.

4. Nifty, My husband and I are starting a new meat bird tractor this Friday. I have a nice camera that I can take pics of it with. I was already leaning towards an A-Frame style...

We need it done ASAP for ourselves anyway....

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Hooterville - tell them men...Job well done! [​IMG]

Tell them I want one too. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Quote:I just wanted to add that the tractor we're making won't be very pretty, so if that's what you're looking for we're probably not the best. We're not going to be painting it or anything, it won't have any decorative accents, etc.

7. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks, Majestic--gotta love it when they go the extra mile. There's even window boxes on the sides and cute little shutters! I've already placed my order for 2 more. [​IMG]

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Here's the one we built when we still lived in Covington, suburb or New Orleans, where it rains gully washers and is hot and humid all year - we built it off the ground and surrounded it with a fenced run. Nest boxes were on each end and you could just raise the flap to gather eggs. We had double small doors in the back and one large front door with a pop door. Feeders and waterers were placed inside but also outside under the nest box area where they were protected from rain. My chickens freeranged but loved to hang out in their coop, as did our cat, Morris.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we painted it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps with ideas. It was perfect for the rainy, hot, humid weather we had and easy to clean - just hosed it out and washed the poop through the raised hardware cloth floor. The pieces of plywood that made the nest box floor could be slid out for easy cleaning. We put three roosts in it, two poles, sitting lower on each side and one 2x4 down the middle up high so big and small birds could roost. It was so nicely ventilated the girls could be found there on hot summer days cooling off instead of out freeranging.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Here's mine.."A" up top, back and bottom space too...use them however you want [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks everybody... I think I've got what I need so far and will post if I need more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by