Robert B. Parker........ I feel as if I have lost a dear friend.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chic-n-farmer, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

He died at his desk Monday while writing a Spenser novel. I will miss his incredible talent.

2. Hi!
    Sad news! I think we have copies of all his books that have been well-read and enjoyed.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    He was just the BEST ---- we have read all his books and have loved the Spenser series --
    If you haven't seen the movie, 'Appaloosa,' -- rent it immediately and watch it as a tribute to this fabulous author --
    We feel as if we've lost a close friend or family member --

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    What kind of books did he write? I don't think I've heard of him. I'm a reader but have always been more of a fantasy and mystery reader with the occasional Stephen King thrown in.

5. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Parker wrote sophisticated detective stories -- lots of great conversation between characters who seem to be 'real' people-- always an easy, 'quick' read that the reader was sorry to see end -- his 'Spenser' series is spectacular -- he was a very disciplined writer who could tell an interesting story -- and the endings were not always 'the bad guy dies' kind -- his fans will miss Spenser, Susan, Hawk, Ty-Bop, and all the others in each of the series -- this man could 'do it all' -- he wrote books featuring female detectives, historical novels (particularly about baseball) as well as the best 'westerns' --

Check his books out of your library and give them a try -- :)

6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:So true! It feels like a personal loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by