Robin trying to fly into my house lol

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by pax12, Apr 11, 2011.

1. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    Robin trying to fly into my house for a few hours and counting
    [​IMG]

video

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think he is planning on making a nest on your mantle. I have seen birds "fight" their reflection in window panes, but he does want to get inside. Isn't nature grand.[​IMG]

3. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Not to be a downer.. but I had a robin run into the window so hard it sounded like a rock, then the dog got a hold of it so it didn't make it. [​IMG]

4. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    He will keep doing it until he kills himself. It's mating season and he thinks his reflection is another male that he is fighting with. Tape a piece of tin foil onto your window and that should scare him away......and spare his life!

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    One way to prevent birds from flying into windows is to cut out the silhouette of a flying hawk and tape it to the window(s). This method is used extensively at wildlife care centers, museums, etc.

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I think I'll need to take some of this advice too. I've heard no less than five birds fly into my glass enclosed front porch this morning. They sound like rocks hitting!

Although that is one cute little robin running up and down your window. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by