1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Robins are here !

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by enola, Feb 15, 2009.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Does this mean spring is just around the corner?

Daffodils have also been blooming for about a week in my yard !

[​IMG]

2. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    Lucky You!!!!! It's still cold and snowy here in MI , I wish the robins would come here!!! (wanna send a few my way?) [​IMG]

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I saw robins a few weeks ago, but my daffodils are still pushing up through the soil! I hope Spring is on its way, but not too quickly, I want my cool weather crop to have a chance. [​IMG]

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Only two more months till I see and hear the first one of the season up here...its always my favorite day:) "Pretty Bird, I'm a Pretty Bird, looky here ladies, I'm a Pretty Bird" [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I've been seeing Robins and Hummingbirds all winter here. we had a tough December so I'm surprised. Right now my next door neighbor is mowing. [​IMG]
    I should too, but no not gonna happen.

Imp-Keeping seed, fruit, suet, and nectar out year round

6. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    I saw my first robin this morning here in Maine...
    It was only 20 degrees, yet it was hanging out at the bird feeder.

7. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We still have to much snow and more on the way and it's only in the teens yet to have any robbins or daffodils [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can't wait for spring hope it comes early [​IMG]

8. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yes! I saw daffodils today for the first time, too. [​IMG]

Yesterday there was a pair of bluebirds in my backyard~~It just makes your heart feel happy! [​IMG]

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I've seen two here. For the past few years we've had some robins that stay through the winter. Not this year. Don't know why, but last week was the first time I'd seen any for months. I'm not sure what to think about those two. I'll know spring is around the corner when the big flocks come, which usually after the red winged black birds show up. The true sign is when the peepers start peeping! Last spring I was sitting here at my computer when I first heard them. I think I scared everyone in BYC chat by shouting "THE PEEPERS ARE HERE!"

10. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    My DH saw 2 robins last week. I told him it was obvious they didn't have a GPS unit!! lol

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by