1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rock & rolling bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by panner123, Dec 21, 2008.

1. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Last night at 1:15 A M the bator alarm (my cat) went off. The eggs had started to pip. My cat sleeps in the room with the bator and guards the bator. When something happens he wakes me up at night or comes and gets me in the day.
    Nothing had hatch at 8 when I left to play Santa,
    I got back a noon to find two chicks. At 4:30 I had to leave again with no more hatching, more eggs were pipping. Three more hatched while at dinner. If Dick Clark was to see the bator now
    all he would say is, it is rockin & rollin. Five chicks trying to find their legs and about 30 others pipping that should be hatched by morning. Looks like all 12 of the BCM's will hatch as well as 23 of the 24 mutts I put in with them. We will know in the morning. That is if the cat will let me sleep. My DW doesn't know which is worst on this hatch, me or the cat.

2. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. flamingauburnmustang

flamingauburnmustang Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    South Africa
    [​IMG] I'd love a cat that would actually help (not try to eat them). [​IMG]

But well done. Keep us informed on the progress. [​IMG]

4. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Im soooooo jellous I have 5 incubators and I have spent a forturn on hatching eggs off ebay with not much luck at all ,Out of 32 RIR eggs I had one to hatch, another I had 7 Br ,and waiting on one to hatch today ,but nothing yet .Happy for you good luck

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    cool!..[​IMG]..

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the babies [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also have a bator alarm (the cat) so I know how you feel. Once they start peeping in the shell he's up there watching & meowing. It gets old after a while !!

7. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by