1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ROCKET EGGS!?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SHRanchHen, May 13, 2016.

1. SHRanchHen

SHRanchHen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    Texas
    All right, I have read the link for funny-shaped eggs but I had to share these because they aren't just funny shaped, they are perfectly matched funny-shaped eggs, more like that is just the shape she lays. I have 6 Americaunas and 1 Golden Campine and I know it's one of the Americaunas. Not all my hens were laying but since it started warming up more are starting, I apparently hadn't gotten any from this particular hen till now. (I got them as adults from a friend and have no idea how old they are)...but wanted to share the picture with you guys and see if y'all had any opinions on whether I should worry or not. They are free ranging, in a horse pasture with lots of grass, bugs, etc, plus they have layer feed and oyster shell. All the other eggs are normal and all the chickens look healthy. Thank you!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    ROCKET EGGS COOL!!!!
    SOAR THROUGH SPACE ROCKET EGGS!! LOL

I wouldn't worry about it. Some hens lay different sized eggs all their lifes
    I have an ameraucana bantam, and she lays a small green pointy egg. While all my other breeds of bantams lay round eggs.

BCP

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by