1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rockette's first egg!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by flock mommasan, Mar 3, 2017.

1. flock mommasan

flock mommasan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2016
    FINALLY got my first egg. I've had my 7 girls for 16 weeks now -- they were somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks old when I got them. I've been waiting [im]patiently for the first egg. Rockette, my barred rock, was first in the nest. She's been a little ornery to a couple of other chickens lately and today she just started making really loud noises and going in and out of the nesting boxes. Couldn't seem to settle down. All the rest of the chicks steered clear but were all eyes. Finally I left for a while and when I came back she had join the crowd and voila! there was the egg![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Way to go Rockette!!!!! That's a fabulous first egg, congratulations- here's to many, many more to come!

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations! That first egg is special (and the rest of them aren't bad either) [​IMG]

4. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    Congratulations. It's great that you were there for it and could tell who it was. Awesome.

5. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I got my first eggs yesterday too! The brown one is a store bought egg but the two blue ones are from my Aracauna mixed. Not sure which one laid them but I'm happy. They are just under 5 months

[​IMG]

6. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    Congratulations to you as well SilkieChickenLover336. There is nothing like that first egg.

7. LunaticChick

LunaticChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2015
    Tulsa, oklahoma
    Congratz!

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Pretty eggs, congrats!

1 person likes this.
  9. b.hromada