Rockhard eggs

Royd

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Middleburg, Fl.
Not that I really needed any fake eggs, because all of my hens are laying in the nests, but I thought it would be fun to give it a try.

I blew out the eggs, and tried some old Plaster of Paris, but it wouldn't set, so I got out the Durham's Rock Hard Putty.
If you've ever used this stuff, you know that it is an excellent crack or hole filler, in wood, sets quickly and shapes easily, in the green stage.

You ladies could probably use your cake frosting funnel bag, to inject them... I used a straight sided lantern funnel and a plastic grocery bag, with enough sand in it, to make a syringe.
I mixed this batch, with hot water, because it fires off the reaction, more quickly.

Mix it to a viscous paste, which will flow easily, through the funnel... Not watery..... And fill your egg, with a little bit of a cap on it...When it starts to harden, simply start working it with different grades of sandpaper, until you get shaped, like you want it.

32991_img_1498.jpg
[/img]

32991_img_1499.jpg
[/img]

Next time, I'll do a better job on the big hole. Maybe, use a diamond hole saw, or something.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom