Rocking last night, *update* 5 pips!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Jul 17, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have 14 Ameraucana eggs in the hatcher , 10 on day 20 and 4 on day 19. I had quite a few yesterday rocking and was fully expecting to see a pip this morning, but nothing [​IMG]
    My silkies pipped early morning day 20 and hatched very early morning day 21. Do banties tend to hatch earlier or is it always different? I am sitting on my hands waiting to hear a peep.....
    Krista

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    My bantams do not hatch earlier. Rocking just means they are getting into position to initiate the hatch phase. Hang in there. They may also pip on the underside and you can't see it. Find something to do to stay busy and it will happen before you know it. Good luck with your hatch.

Jody

3. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i had a bunch moving around yesterday now all is still. i hate this part. waiting, waiting, waiting.

4. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Ours were moving around yesterday and we thought we had a pip- got so excited even posted we had a small pip come to find out the egg rolled and it was just a mark/scuff whatever you want to call it on that side of the egg [​IMG] got up this morning fully expecting to see a pip at least - nope nothing yet hopefully sometime today though, planning to run some errands so the boys and I don't just sit here and stare at the bator all day [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

If you have rocking I'd guess you'll have some chicks soon. Remember they are to hatch on day 21. Hatching early isn't really a good thing. It sounds like you are right on track. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    hang in there , keep us posted [​IMG]

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have a pip, so 24 hours since I saw this particular egg rock it finally pipped! Only one for now, they will probably hatch when I'm asleep so then I can't tell who came from who (3 different breeders) [​IMG]
    Krista

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    So does hatching ALWAYS have to take place at night? I want to go to bed but I am waiting for one specific egg to hatch, it is pipped and noisy. I want to mark this one to keep track of it. Luckily the last set is 1 day behind the first 2, hopefully that matters [​IMG]
    I've got my nail polish ready, come on chickies [​IMG]
    Krista

I am almost debating whether or not to just dot it's beak with the polish and go to bed [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by