Rocking on Day 19 - Still Rocking on Day 23

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hecate, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hecate

Hecate Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    Arriving home this afternoon, we went to check that all was well with the incubator and have seen 3 eggs (of 15) rocking. Ihad to do a double take with the first one to make sure I had seen it right! The excitement mounts in this first hatching adventure! We can't wait to see these cute little Buckeyes...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. Hecate

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    We're still seeing rocking on day 20, but no pips at all. I never thought the waiting would drive me so crazy!

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    So now you know the reason why you stop turning at day 18, they want to turn themselves!! [​IMG] I can't wait for mine to rock out!

4. Ducati

Ducati Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    Hecate, are all of the eggs rocking on day 20 now, or are some still not rocking?

5. Hecate

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    I've counted at least half of them rocking - but they seem to want to do it stealthily! I wholly expect them to hatch out in the dark of night so we can't see!

6. Ducati

Ducati Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    Im with you. I have 15 in the incubator. I am on day 19, tecnically i just hit day 20 1 hour ago. But anyways 3-4 seem to have moderately to barely rocked. The other 11-12 no movement at all. Its probably nothing but I would sure feel betetr if the others would show some small movement. What is your humidity at? Mine is around 67%. I hope thats right. This is my first hatch.....

7. Hecate

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    The humidity in my lg forced air is at 55%. It's as hiugh as I can get it to go without the temp dropping. I read several posts by Wheaties in a post about humidity in the bator saying this was a good point of humidity for the last three days, and I am trusting him on it! (not that I have a choice...) I'm trying not to get too worried over it, so we'll see how everything's going tomorrow - day 21![​IMG] Good luck, Ducati!

8. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Hope your hatch is doing good!! I am putting mine in an egg carton tonight and into the hatcher we're on day 18. We also got Buckeyes from BuckeyeDave!!!

9. OCchickens

OCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Brea, California
    Good luck! Looking forward to seeing pics of the buckeyes!

10. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Me tooo!!!!!!!!! please hatch!!!! please hatch!!!! please hatch!!!! please hatch!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by