Rocky Found his Voice!!!

OvertheHenHouse

Songster
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego
Rocky is my 16-week-old cuckoo marans cockerel. I was wondering when he'd start to crow and I was so excited to hear him practicing in the coop this morning! He's got the 'cock-a-doo' part pretty much down, although he's still a little shakey. Funny thing - when he heard me come out, he went completely silent and hasn't tried all day. it's like he wants to make sure he can crow correctly before he does it in front of anyone
lol.png

Here's a photo of Rocky, the day he found his voice:
106404_rocky_14_weeks.jpg

I'm so proud of my little guy
big_smile.png

i have a couple that i'm waiting for. one of my silkie roos has been practicing his "shuffle" with me. it's pretty funny to watch. but he hasn't made a peep yet. i have 9 that i suspect to be cockerels/ roos. but not a one has crowed yet!!! congrats on rocky!!!

Thanks, everyone. I might have been a little premature announcing Rocky's vocal accomplishment because as of this morning I now suspect I have 2 additional cockerels based on responses I received to a separate post! They're both silkies and both are at least a week older than Rocky! So now I'm not sure whether it was Rocky, or one of these two, who made it to 'cock-a-doo' yesterday morning:
106404_truffle_16_weeks_2.jpg

Truffle
106404_sparkle_16_weeks_1.jpg

Sparkle, my avatar
Every day's an adventure in Chickenland -

Back
Top Bottom