ROCKY MOUNTAIN POULTRY CLUB SPRING FLING, SATURDAY, MAY 5TH, 2012 IN HAMILTON, MT

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by pips&peeps, Mar 4, 2012.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    This is the 7th Annual Show!!!

It is always a great time and fun for everyone. There is a lunch time BBQ and Awards Banquet after the show.

Every year we have birds from Holderreads, Duane Urch and many seasoned show breeders from the Northwest.

This is a double APA sanctioned show and generally we have seminars put on by APA licensed judges. The show catalog is not out yet, so I do not know who is scheduled yet, but will update the thread as I get more information.

I do know that I will have ameraucana chicks, sebastopol goslings, ameraucana hatching eggs, USPS approved shipping boxes and vaccines available. I will also have bantam chocolate orpington chicks and project bantam chocolate ameraucana eggs and chicks available.

This show has many donated cash awards for placings in most divisions.

Come and join the fun.

Judges - Gary Overton and Jim Crain.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    We will also have orpington stock in LF and bantam from Korfus Kluckers.

3. cackleberrycoop

cackleberrycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    I can't wait - love this show!

4. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Greenfire Farms has donated a dozen rare breed hatching eggs to us!!!!

5. cackleberrycoop

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    So... how do I get an entry form?

6. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It is not printed yet. It should come out within the next 30 days. I will come back and post a link or a pdf copy on this thread when I get mine.

I am trying to get more donations.....

7. cackleberrycoop

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    I'll keep my eyes open for it - thanks.

The only birds that I am specifically breeding towards the standard at this moment are my Araucanas. I had thought about donating fertile eggs, but they are so difficult to hatch out that I'm not sure if it would be a kind thing to donate or not???? Are chicks ever donated? I would donate a batch of Araucana chicks if I can get some to hatch.....
    I don't have any extra birds or started pullets that I can part with at this point or I'd donate a breeding Araucana pair.....
    I have been getting some pretty nice wheaten Ameraucana chicks, but their father is that sport white Ameraucana rooster of Phill Urutia's. He really does make some pretty wheaten babies over a couple of girls I brought home from you, and their egg color is the best that I've got, but I hate to give them away or sell them because of the father's color issue.
    I am very interested in working on the Silvers (I'm the one who made contact with you on the Montana page).

8. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Chicks are donated. What I generally do is bring some birds to sell and give a portion of my proceeds to the Club. I think two years ago I had such a good day that I gave them almost $100.00.

I'll see what I can bring you for silver eggs or chicks and talk to you about the issues in the gene pool. :)

9. cackleberrycoop

Oct 13, 2010
    Montana
    That's very exciting news - I'll knuckle down and do some more research on the variety in the mean time so I have a better concept of what's going on.
    Let me see how my Araucana hatches go here in the next few weeks and I'll let you know if I can expect to have some babies to donate. I'd love to have some way to contribute to the club AND I would like to get some more Araucanas out there and producing; I really love this breed.

$100.00 dollars huh!?!? WOW. When you've got great birds and a wonderful reputation, it really does benefit the whole poultry society! Well done indeed!

10. Tumbleweed Farm

Tumbleweed Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Benton City, WA
    When and where is the show? Would love to come

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by