Rode my bike to work today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buff Hooligans, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    11 miles one way - with a headwind and 8 pounds of lunch, purse, and office clothes. Took me 45 minutes.

Now I'm at my office staring out the window at my bike parked outside and at the rain coming down! Have to bike to my other job at 11:30. Guess I'll be wet when I get there.

With the gas money I saved, maybe I'll buy a bottle of cheap champagne to celebrate my 47th birthday!

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Good for you!

I hope the rain stops for your next ride!! AND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    [​IMG]

4. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
  5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Happy Birthday!

Good for you for riding your bike. I started and finished the school year riding my bike too. I have a 15 minute easy ride, but it fascinates the rest of the staff and the kids each time I do. LOL

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Happy Birthday

Surely mother nature will send you a gift and make it quit raining before you have to leave.

You are much more ambitious than I am. I live 1/2 mile from work and I wont bike it. I dont like the traffic on the highway..at least that is my excuse anyway

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Thank you guys! It did stop raining, and I'm cool and dry at my second job. Crossing my fingers for the ride home.

Thank goodness for the local Rail Trail. It starts a mile from my house and is a straight shot to my office. I'm too chicken to ride on the highways here. All it takes is one distracted cell-phone talker and you're in a hospital wishing you were smart enough to drive to work!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  8. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Happy Birthday to you!! [​IMG]

My DH has been talking about riding his bike to work, or us sharing my car ..since it gets better gas (that's cuz I never leave the house ..or I wait until I have several things to do in one close area and then go).

I wonder if it's any easier to stay awake while operating a bicycle than it is a motorized vehicle? [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:The sound of bugs hitting my teeth keeps me awake.

10. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Super job and keep up the wonderful effort in health and enviroment (oh, don't forget how much money your saving!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by