Rodeo

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rjv_piper, Apr 19, 2008.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Well, my brother rides broncs in rodeos, I do barrels, goat tying, poles, and roping, so we have pretty much been waiting for an accident. Devan, my brother, was riding this weekend in a high school rodeo, and got hurt. The horse bucked him off, then came down on his humerouse. It broke it pretty badly and he needs surgery. Bla. I just got done watching "Awake". That was a creepy, and wierd movie.

Well, Just thought I'd tell ya'll. I've been very busy, now that he's out, and I have to work his horses, and feed all the animals, so I might not be on here as much as I used to be.

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I did barrel racing for several years and was thrown countless times (Usually due to my own stupidity). I'm always mazed I never got more seriously injured!

I'm a big fan of local rodeos and I give those men and women a LOT of credit. I would not be able to do what they do (As far as bull and bronc riding at least). There is always ton of risk for injury, but it's an amazing sport.

You're brother is very lucky though! Someone I knew was killed when they got thrown off a horse quite some years ago. However, I'm sure after your bro heals he'll be right back on those broncs!

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Sorry about your brothers injury. I'll be praying for a quick recovery for him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by