ROFLMAO!! I Just Love Ducks Alarm Clock

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 19, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

My oldest son has a bit of problem getting motivated to wake up in the mornings, and so today I decided to bring Momma Duck(his duck) up to his room, I've done this before and let her snuggle with him, but not bring her up and put her on the floor and just leave her. Well, she HATES to be away from her partner and out of her sight. And when she is she YELLS, absolutely YELLS! But not when she snuggles with my son, but on the floor where she can't see her partner or my son, she just yells and yells at the top of her voice. It is funny!! I guess you just have to be here to find it funny, but I just had to share.

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    LOL..I can imagine how unimpressed he would have been to be woken like that.!!! [​IMG]

I had let my daughter sleep in one Saturday...but when I thought she had enough snoozing I let my drake Monty into the house. I put him at her bedroom door and called out to her. As soon as her head appeared from under the covers - Monty charged towards her and the bed. It sure woke her up quick!!! They sure are good for getting you out of bed. Little ones who are peeping their heads off for breakfast as soon as its daylight - or adults outside.. I am very attuned to hearing them and wake up at the slightest noise from any of my ducks -but I can sleep through other even louder noises like the garbage truck going down the street at 6am.

3. FunnyBunnies12

ROFLMAO!!! I love it! Ducks are so comical!! The thing is, my son really isn't upset about that, it wakes him up smiling and laughing. But it does get him up because after awhile with all the yelling he can't get back to sleep.

LOL, they are full of antics this morning, my youngest has the 1st born baby out of my batch running around with dad in the house, they are leaving each other alone, or should I say he is leaving her alone, but his daughter is chasing after him. LOL! I can tell without having to have sexed them that this baby(5wks) is a girl, she has her momma's yell.

4. FunnyBunnies12

It's amazing she is so personable, I think she is asking me to pick her up, she follows me comes up to me stops looks up, rubs her bill on me looks up and when I pick her up she settles down. She is turning into a absolutely BEAUTIFUL fawn color. I will have to post updated pictures just from a week ago.

5. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I know just what you mean.. Daisy Starts quacking her head off when I pick Stanley up and go out of her sight.. She comes a running quacking and looking for him.. Judy at first when she couldn't see the other two was even louder than Daisy..

6. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Awwwwwww lol!! That IS funny! My three ducks wake me up in the morning if my alarm doesn't go off by yelling at me from their hut in the garden. They are call ducks so they are LOUD! They always let me know if they want to come out and play before I am up!!

7. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    hahahahahaha that is awesome. i used to corner my mom in her room with my drake. my 2 older ducks used to live in my bedroom with me and when i'd open my door they would run to my moms room for catfood. for some reason she's scared of them hahaha so i would just let them sit there and eat the food and she'd start yelling for me and i could act like i didn't hear anything hahaha

8. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    I love reading things like this. Makes me feel like I'm not the only crazy duck lady out there. My ducks come in the house too and my son loves to sleep and bath with his ducky..... I tell ya unless you own ducks...you just dont understand.

From the outside of the ducky world looking in we are crazy [​IMG]

9. FunnyBunnies12

I tell ya unless you own ducks...you just dont understand.

From the outside of the ducky world looking in we are crazy

Oh how true, how very very true that statement is! Rather it is ducks, rabbits, any pet you may have multiples of or allow in the house. I've even had family tell me to "Be Careful, I just watched Animal Planet Confessions Of A Animal Hoarder....." They just don't understand and appreciate animals and how theraputic they are and have been to my family. How can having 11 ducks, 1 great dane, 2 cats, 2 Guinea Pigs, and 12 house rabbits in which 2 pair are fosters be of concern plus rehabbing wildlife. I've always been a Tom Boy, Always been into animals. Why would they be surprised or concerned. Maybe that is why family don't hardly come up to visit. And when they do, and friends do they are surprised when I tell them how many animals I have, because they tell me they wouldn't know it, the house doesn't smell, animals are kept clean and kept up. I take pride. But they are who they are and I am, what i am.​

10. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:Oh how true, how very very true that statement is! Rather it is ducks, rabbits, any pet you may have multiples of or allow in the house. I've even had family tell me to "Be Careful, I just watched Animal Planet Confessions Of A Animal Hoarder....." They just don't understand and appreciate animals and how theraputic they are and have been to my family. How can having 11 ducks, 1 great dane, 2 cats, 2 Guinea Pigs, and 12 house rabbits in which 2 pair are fosters be of concern plus rehabbing wildlife. I've always been a Tom Boy, Always been into animals. Why would they be surprised or concerned. Maybe that is why family don't hardly come up to visit. And when they do, and friends do they are surprised when I tell them how many animals I have, because they tell me they wouldn't know it, the house doesn't smell, animals are kept clean and kept up. I take pride. But they are who they are and I am, what i am.

they are therapeutic! i got my ducks in hopes on getting out of depression after a horrible break-up. it worked like a charm!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by