Rogaine

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 19Dawn76, Jan 16, 2010.

1. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    My hair is thinning and i was thinking about trying Rogaine. Has anyone used it before?

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I thought about using it but can't understand how you can rub it on your scalp and not wind up with hairy hands.

3. 19Dawn76

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Hmmmmmmm. Bald head or hairy hands? I think I 'lll take the hairy hands. I can always wax. [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We have a teacher who swears by it and it really has made a difference. Since you wash your hands right away it's not a problem lol!! I also know someone who uses it on a show dog that has a hair loss problem on it's back and works on the dog too.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It does not grow normal hair, but very fine, wispy hair and you can't ever stop using it if you want it to stay. I tried it when it was prescription. Yuck and double yuck. Keeps your hair greasy. Not worth the time or money for it.

6. 19Dawn76

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I hate greasy hair so that may be a deal breaker.

I think I saw a Wal-mart brand for like 19.95.

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Hubby tried it too, he now has a Hairy back [​IMG] Correction Hairier back. As soon as you stop using it you start losing the hair, not worth it at all

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

In the long run, better to get an actual hair transplant--they take tiny groups from the back of your own head, the type hair that rarely falls out, and punch it into the front areas. They are really great with those now, unnoticable and pretty easy to get, if you have the money. But, it's permanent and your own hair.

9. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I thought about trying it in some thin spots, but the more I read, the more I decided it wasn't for me. Supposedly, it can even cause some facial hair growth (can you imagine how awful that would be?). At any rate, I had some thinning hair, but when I got to the root of the reason why, the problem was solved. Now, I have an extremely thick head of hair. Seriously, almost freakishly thick. My advice would be to get a medical work-up if it is *really* thin. There may very well be a reason.

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My dermatologist recommended the over the counter kind for men when I was on a strong medication for months and lost a lot of my hair. It worked for me I use it for a few months. She told me if I started seeing facial hair [​IMG] to quit it for awhile but that didn't happen. I have nice thick hair again!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by