Rogue broody found! pictures "How could you Millie!"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by willkatdawson, Jun 23, 2011.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    [​IMG]

Millie's been missing for 5 days now. We were sure something must have gotten her because she's never missed coming in from free ranging before.

She's hard to see. I missed her the first 50 times I rode by on the golf cart looking for her.

[​IMG]

She thinks she found the biggest best nest box ever invented.

[​IMG]

Millie, how could you, and aren't you tired? You just hatched and raised 6 chicks at the end of March.

She said "no" she wasn't tired, and that she WAS going to hatch some more. I moved her down to the broody closet set up safely in the coop. We let her keep 4 of her 16 eggs under her.

[​IMG]

Henry our resident muppet and all around great roo is the father. Any idea what these little chicks will look like. I'm guessing something along the line of a bowling shoe.

[​IMG]

Millie's settled in, although she wasn't happy about the move.

I'll keep you updated!

the wanna be country girl

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] That is so cute! What lovely birds!

3. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Adorable - and well done finding her. She's a cunning one. Loved the way the pictures told the story.

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    She's so beautiful! Can I ask what breed? I have just. Fallen. In. Love [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Handsome roo [​IMG] and the hen's not bad looking either. [​IMG]

6. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    How sweet! I've never had a broody, but it just seems very cool that she found her own little niche! And she didn't even give herself away when you went looking for her!!

7. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Hi all, she's a buff orpington. All be it, not a very happy one at the moment. She knew she had 16 eggs and now she only has 4. I just got a real talking to when I went down to shut the coop for the night.

8. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Pretty hen and very handsome roo! Is that you in your avatar or is that Lori Singer? You look like one and the same...

9. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    no that's me, but now I have to google Lori Singer? I don't think I've ever seen her.

10. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    their probably gonna be some beautiful chicks...My BO currently is sitting on 14, just started actually.... the father is a RSL oh yea and some of the eggs are from her others from my SLW hen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by