1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ROLL-X WON'T HEAT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ringtailtwister, May 6, 2016.

1. Ringtailtwister

Ringtailtwister Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Middle, Tennessee
    I have a older Roll-x incubator that has been getting a good hatch rate. The fan motor started making a loud noise when it first starts like a bad bearing. I replaced the fan and now the incubator will not heat. Can any one help with this problem? I don't know what too do got eggs running out my ears.[​IMG]

2. GAQuail

GAQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Bishop, Georgia
    My first thought is the wire for heating got disconnected while installing the new fan. Did you find a fan similar to the old fan or is it one of the large computer type fans that the newer roll-X use?

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  3. Ringtailtwister

Jul 5, 2015
    Middle, Tennessee
    It is a fan like computers and other things use Sunon 102sp. I think I've found the problem one of the small wires was broken. So I going to rewire it tonight. I've got about 10 dozen BLRW eggs I need to put in it a.s.a.p. I'll post again if this fixes it or not.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  4. Ringtailtwister

Jul 5, 2015
    Middle, Tennessee
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM. ONE OF THE SMALL WIRES HAD BROKEN WHEN I REPLACED THE FAN. I'VE FIXED IT AND I'M GOING TO PUT EGGS IN IT TODAY.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  5. GAQuail

GAQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Bishop, Georgia
    Good news!

Last edited: May 7, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by