Roller Coaster of Life....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PAJerry, Feb 17, 2009.

1. PAJerry

PAJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Waterford, PA
    Last week on Monday, my Mom (82) was diagnosed with severely advanced pancreatic cancer that had spread throughout her body. We took her home where my 2 brothers and my sister and my dad took care of her until she died on Sunday. Ma got to see everyone she wanted to see and tell us all goodbye before she passed. She was never left alone and never in pain. Yesterday (Monday) we got to see her one last time before her cremation. We will all miss her a lot. Three hours after we got home, we recieved a call from my eldest son announcing that we had a new grandson, Emmett Joseph. He was born a week early with just 6 hours of labor! Before Ma passed, I told her she might pass him on the way down as she arose to heaven. Apparently she did, and told him to hurry because we needed him to make us happy again.
    Ma loved all her family and always looked after everyone. In our hearts we know that she talked with baby Emmett after she passed and sent him along to help us get on with life.
    The roller coaster of emotions here is tough right now, but when we go to Columbus after her funeral, we plan to get stuck on the high hill of loving joy.

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

My condolences on the loss of your mother, but how neat that you were joined by a new grandson so soon. Maybe she did tell him to hurry up. [​IMG] Life can be a crazy roller coaster at times. We have no choice but to take the good with the bad. If we didn't know the bad, the good times wouldn't mean anything.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your entire family. [​IMG]

4. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    What a moving post! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    A bittersweet time in your life. Sad for the loss of your mother, but joyous over the birth of your grandson. I just said a prayer for you.

6. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Your story gave me chills...so sorry for the loss of your mother...

[​IMG] but congratulations on the new arrival! The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways! [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

8. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Ah Jerry so sorry to hear about your Ma. I just can't even fathom how hard that day will be for me. But it sounds like she made sure to send some hapiness to you all that was very much needed. Congrats on the new little man. I like that name too. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] and a [​IMG] for your grandson!

10. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by