1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rolling Acres Chick Starter?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by limabean, May 8, 2011.

1. limabean

limabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Does anyone know anything about this feed? I bought it at TSC. Since then, I've been reading about medicated vs non-medicated feed, ingredients, protein percentages, etc. There is NOTHING on the bag to tell me any of this information, and Google has no answers. I really have no idea what this stuff is that I am feeding my chicks!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Usually the ingredients of feed are listed on a tag attached to the bottom (or sometimes top) of the bag?

3. limabean

Sep 28, 2008
    Nope, nothin'.

4. Coffeemama7

Coffeemama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I am happy to know you care what you feed your chicks! Look on TSC website or the manufacturers website.

We feed our chicks and mix of medicated and chick starter for the first week, as we never know what they have been exposed to.
    After that, they get chick starter one more week.
    Then they get grass, bugs, or what ever is in the yard.
    We supplement with oats, millet, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and kitchen scraps.
    As they get older we add oyster shell.
    Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in their water keeps them really healthy!

5. limabean

Sep 28, 2008
    I'll examine the bag again, but I don't even think there is manufacturer info on it, and the TSC site does not
    list it. I can try asking at the store, but they were extraordinarily unhelpful when I was there last.

6. folgerrd

folgerrd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
    I was looking at the stuff myself, on the TSC website, and all I saw was this: "Balanced amino acids Includes high levels of vitamins and minerals Crude protein 18% Crude fat 3% Crude fibre 4.5% Complete feed - no mixing required Proper balance of amino acids, the building blocks of growth"

Hope it's helpful.

7. newfarmer86

newfarmer86 New Egg

Apr 6, 2013
    Ontario Canada
    I have been very curious on this feed also. Have you tried it since?? Any updates??

8. ledussea

ledussea New Egg

Apr 21, 2013
    My bag of it says an ingredients list:
    -corn, wheat shorts???, canola meal, wheat, soya meal, corn distillers dried grains, soya oil, limestone, salt, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin and trace mineral premix. Added selenium 0.30 mg/kg

9. mamatoes

mamatoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2016
    Ontario
    I just bought this bag!
    Anyone know if it's any good?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by