Roo agression

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
So I know roosters tend to be territorial, my barred rock used to be very nice. We moved him back home and now he is getting aggressive towards me. Anytime my back is turned he comes to attack. (Thankfullyno spurs.) Is there any way to calm him down? His chicks are about to start laying eggs any day now

So I know roosters tend to be territorial, my barred rock used to be very nice. We moved him back home and now he is getting aggressive towards me. Anytime my back is turned he comes to attack. (Thankfullyno spurs.) Is there any way to calm him down? His chicks are about to start laying eggs any day now
How old is he? If over eight months, his hormones have calmed down and he’s a stupid rooster. If before then, probly hormones.

I posted yesterday about my Australorp roo close to the same age. I got mine St Patrick's Day. He was aggressive once or twice but we came to an understanding and he is turned into a very attentive and protective roo for his girls. Even the 4 new ones that he protects from the older girls.
Do t give up on him too soon.
I don't know how to share my previous post but it is titled 'Bad Rooster? Maybe not...'
There is some good info from others on how to train him to behave.

I posted yesterday about my Australorp roo close to the same age. I got mine St Patrick's Day. He was aggressive once or twice but we came to an understanding and he is turned into a very attentive and protective roo for his girls. Even the 4 new ones that he protects from the older girls.
Do t give up on him too soon.
I don't know how to share my previous post but it is titled 'Bad Rooster? Maybe not...'
There is some good info from others on how to train him to behave.
Wasn't gonna give up on him, not destined for the crock pot unless he draws blood on my kids.

Back
Top Bottom