Roo attack!

KatieV

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Our GLW Roo attacked my 2 year old and myself today. Repeatedly, no matter how many times I kicked him away. I want him gone immediately...how?? What should I do? I chased him around the yard to scare him off but he kept coming back. I had my two year old daughter, my four year old nephew, and my two year old nephew all outside with me.
sad.png
It was horrible - it was the chickens first time free ranging with kids around. Mind you, we have four acres they could have been exploring but they came up to the playground and Ullar attacked.
somad.gif
I am DONE with this rooster.

Chicken and dumplings?

or put an ad on craigslist for a free rooster.. he'll be gone today (in my area anyway)

I had a roo that was mean to me and my family. when my mom was getting eggs he came after her and she shut the door but his leg got caught in the door and the other roo's were attacking him so we had to put him down. How old is your roo?

I just put an add on craigslist. He is 8 months old and huge! I'll be glad when he's gone!

I have this polish roo who is relatively nice but when he is with one hen he steps all over her, rips her feathers out, and pecks her. This can't be normal!

Roosters should never be allowed close access to small children -they jump just the right height to take out an eye. Think of them this way: a rooster is like a bull or a stallion, but in a smaller package. Even my sweet roosters would be made nervous by a kid's jerky and sudden movements so I will not allow a child in with my roosters, no exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom