Roo attack!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by KatieV, Mar 17, 2011.

1. KatieV

KatieV Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Our GLW Roo attacked my 2 year old and myself today. Repeatedly, no matter how many times I kicked him away. I want him gone immediately...how?? What should I do? I chased him around the yard to scare him off but he kept coming back. I had my two year old daughter, my four year old nephew, and my two year old nephew all outside with me. [​IMG] It was horrible - it was the chickens first time free ranging with kids around. Mind you, we have four acres they could have been exploring but they came up to the playground and Ullar attacked. [​IMG] I am DONE with this rooster.

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Chicken and dumplings?

or put an ad on craigslist for a free rooster.. he'll be gone today (in my area anyway)

3. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Catch him on the roost & get the axs sharpened.

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    I had a roo that was mean to me and my family. when my mom was getting eggs he came after her and she shut the door but his leg got caught in the door and the other roo's were attacking him so we had to put him down. How old is your roo?

5. KatieV

KatieV Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    I just put an add on craigslist. He is 8 months old and huge! I'll be glad when he's gone!

6. Chickadee55

Chickadee55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    Central Florida
    It's one thing for him to attack an adult but once the kids get attacked, Mr. Roo's gotta go.
    Pressure cookem!!

7. Bi0s

Bi0s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Bland County VA!!!!!
    If You Lived Nearby I Take Him Good Luck With Him;)

8. curlique12

curlique12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    lala land
    I have this polish roo who is relatively nice but when he is with one hen he steps all over her, rips her feathers out, and pecks her. This can't be normal!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Roosters should never be allowed close access to small children -they jump just the right height to take out an eye. Think of them this way: a rooster is like a bull or a stallion, but in a smaller package. Even my sweet roosters would be made nervous by a kid's jerky and sudden movements so I will not allow a child in with my roosters, no exceptions.

10. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well said speckledhen!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by