Roo breeding my ducks?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hunterjumper999, Jun 9, 2009.

1. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Songster

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    Tonight we witnessed our virgin to our knowledge rooster who was purchased as a chick in March old breed our Duck. He shows zero interest in the 4 month old pullets but is OBSESSED with our duck.

Of course here is the handsome stud and his lover- I don't know what the duck is but the roo is supposed to be Amberlink. the black ducks the one in question [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this normal?

2. OMG!!! ME AND MY WIFE WERE JUST WATCHING OUR BR ROO DOING THE SAME THING!!! This is too funny! We laughed our but off! He too shows no interest in the hens but seems to be in lust with our duck!! Crazy! Well at least I know we arent the only ones with a duck obsessed roo!

3. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Songster

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hmmmm...chickenXduck chicks...can that really happen?!?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG] If your duck (or one of your chickens, for that matter) goes broody, see what happens! [​IMG]

4. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    i want to see the product of the chicken duck cross that would be cool

5. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Some of ours will try to mate with anything. The weirdest thing I ever had to witness was a banty roo trying to mate my sons soccer ball. He would climb on top of it and do his little man dance. People who own chickens cannot explain such behavior to nonchicken owners for sure !!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: