Roo cant crow-keeps trying- barely eating/drinking

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kristinandray, Jul 22, 2011.

1. kristinandray

kristinandray Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    please help. my rooster stopped crowing day before yesterday. he keeps trying and sounds like a human with laryngitis. no crowing no other sounds just the scratchy raspy sound and the raspy breathing.
    he is not eating much and wont even take treats.
    his outward appearance is normal other than he doesnt seem to be eating much so a little thin.
    by this i mean that there is nothing weepy or crusty @ his eyes, nose, mouth, etc. i have also looked into his mouth and see nothing abnormal there.
    sigh. [​IMG]
    i am hoping someone can please help me help him. i am so worried and the kids are all hysterical. thank you to any and everyone that has advise to offer.

2. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I'm sorry I don't know much about what might be up with your roo, but I wanted to read your thread (Saw you in the New Members area) and see if I knew anything. I'm sure someone here will know SOMETHING. Poor thing I hope he's feeling better soon!

3. kristinandray

kristinandray Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    thank you for the well wishes. i hope someone can help and i hope he feels better soon! we are all so attached to him, way more than the girls - though we love them too, he has the greatest personality and is sooooooo friendly. im just beside myself [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by