Roo crowed today

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LadyBeartoothMamma, Jul 11, 2010.

1. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chirping

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    My Dark cornish Bantam Rooster Cotton crowed today this morning, the weirdest crow I have ever heard, maybe because he's a bantam. not the full on cockledoodle doo more like a loud BRAUCKKKK.. is that normal for Bantams??????

2. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Crowing

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    First crow of a young one? then yes. it will get more notes as it gets better at it.

Matt

3. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    Mine have been crowing for weeks and most of them still aren't very good at it. One just says "cock-a-doo" and stops - no doodle doo [​IMG] I think this part may be the best time of crowing - the learning phase! When they get it totally down pat...well then I may change my mind! Enjoy the funny noises while they still aren't loud enough to wake EVERY neighbor [​IMG]

4. goldnchocolate

goldnchocolate Songster

May 9, 2008
    Massachusetts
    One of my chicks is crowing, too. Sounds as if he's using a kazoo [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:*snort* I have bantams in amongst my standard chickens. Unfortunately, half of my bantams are roos. And young ones at that. THEY do sound like kazoos! [​IMG]

6. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks you guys youre awesome
    [​IMG]
    yeah he kinda does it now but still learning. My daughter thinks that he's getting hurt lol

7. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    My RIR started crowing. It sounded like a bad motor trying to start. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    Quote:[​IMG]
    lol [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cfdf

cfdf Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    I thought I had a hurt chicken when I first heard mine crow. I was scared to open the door and look inside. [​IMG]

10. TheMainException

TheMainException Songster

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    I was actually more shocked to hear my young rooster let out a full grown-up crow one early morning. He went from from nothing to a full out cock-a-doodle-doo. I was very proud of him. What was weird was that he went from crowing ten times one morning to not crowing at all since then. The other hasn't learned to crow yet either and they are relatively old. If they stay this quiet, they might get to hang around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by