The EE's Hawkeye and Buckeye are hiding in the enclosed run
100_6420.jpg

Our Lil Louise thinks she is a pepper plant and is hiding in there
100_6417.jpg

The 8 wk olds were not impressed with sharing their chicken run with others
100_6425.jpg

Creams got tuckered out by all the Roo Drama and took a nap on mama's knee
100_6424.jpg

Lil Louise's final thoughts about the Roo Drama, she is not impressed with his juvenile attempts at courtship and she is the 2nd in command in this yard
100_6306.jpg

yup, that is Lil Louise for you, she is always giving me the stink eye, that is her look in the a.m. when I don't scoop the feed fast enough or the others are bothering her

here is her look when she doesn't get her way at anything and has to wait her turn
100_5835-1.jpg

Well as the day wore on poor Red still couldn't get the ladies attention
100_6435.jpg

He tried calling the ladies again, he did find a good scratch spot under the cool bushes
100_6447.jpg

Honey B thought maybe if she stayed up high on this stone she can avoid his unsightly long legs, she had to tell him about that too
100_6442.jpg

The EE girls still would not leave their new favorite spot
100_6444.jpg

Lil Louise still thinks my pepper plants are the best place to hide
100_6418.jpg

And Red knows not to mess with the boss so he stays away from her or he gets a nasty peck on the head
100_6440.jpg

Oh, i just love all their personalities! I was actually brainstorming a pictorial children's book, I have 2 drafted, my sister is going to proof them, I do story boards for my kids and nieces/nephews, it is so much fun being able to watch them and all their antics through out the day

We are slowly introducing the 8 wks old to the older ones and none of them are impressed with each other
lol.png
they have 'scratched' out lines in the dirt and no one better cross that line without a nasty peck on the head or good chase. So far no bad reactions, just normal 'I am in charge' peck

Back
Top Bottom