1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roo Give away in Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZepChick, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    I have a 18 week old rooster (beautiful) that we don't want because of him trying to breed with girls. We are ONLY giving him away to a loving family that will protect him, not eat/cull him, and take very good care of him. He is a very handsome EE roo that should not be used for cock-fighting or anything bad. Also, pictures sent to us occasionally of him would be greatly appreciated. His name is Mika. We live in Coos Bay so anyone around that coastal area of Oregon would be great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ZepChick

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    Bump. He really needs a home...

3. ZepChick

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    BUMP

4. ZepChick

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    BUMP

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You may want to try hanging an ad at your local feed store or put an ad on craigslist or freecycle.org . There are too many roos and too few good homes out there. Good luck finding one for your boy. He's very handsome.

Jody

6. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    He is cute! When I went looking for a rooster this last spring I found 2 and got both from craigslist. Healthy and happy...the person I got my BR Rooster from told me about this forum and that is how I even found BYC. Now I have roosters coming out of my ears but that is a whole different story. Pullets seem to be roo's a lot on me now.

Craigslist can be a good thing. Funny thing is only other place I looked was our feed store for flyers. Hinkjc has some pretty good advice there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by