Roo has an issue

KIDDSBANTAMS

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
Lexington
Our roo jumped up on the side of our outside water tub, but he missed and landed in the water. Of course he had no idea how to swim or get out of the water and I was right there and pulled him out. Now he is having walking issues. He high steps and when he is not walking he thrust out his chest and pulls his head back like he can't balance properly. My guess is somehow he hurt his back. I have checked for broken bones or dislocated joints, but I can't figure out this walking issue. He is a 5-6mo bared rock old English bantam; I have him isolated in his pin to rest. Anyone seen a chicken exhibits this type of behavior?

Quote:
Keep him isolated with feed and water. Rest and relaxation will help him heal. He mightve pulled a tendon or ligament, maybe a muscle. If there isnt any improvement in about 4 or 5 days, try adding vitamin B complex to his feed. You can get it at any pharmacy in the tablet form, crush a few into powder and sprinkle it over his feed. It should help him heal faster.

Update.. well the roo is not doing so good, it appears he injured a leg jumping up on the outside water trough. He can not walk at all he can stand if he is very still and only for a shot time. Looks like he will stay in isolation until he either gets well or I have to put him down.

Sorry to hear about your Roo. I hope he recovers well.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom