Roo? Hen?

caspernc

Songster
9 Years
Oct 15, 2010
Z town NC
Well for the last week my ladies have been singing the egg song and when I RUSH (or you may say walk quickly) to the coop and they are all gathered around saying, "HAHAHAHA We fooled you again! Boy do we have you trained!" Well yesterday I heard all the songs going on and I said, "Self, you know they are just reinforce training you, right?" Well I did let at least 5 minites pass, (REALLY I DID!) and I walked randomly around the yard and found myself at the coop with a wildly squacking hen inside. So I saunter in, (I DID NOT RUN!) to find a small, perfectly formed egg in one of the nest boxes but I don't know who has layed it, but I'm so happy I make calls all over the country to family and friends. Well today I hear the song and I do go running to the coop (YES I ran!) to find much to my dismay one of the few I KNEW was a Roo. I have thirty chickens+ one that limps, I do need some Roo's! Well when I go into the feed room and see the, what I think is a Roo, in the nest box and pick my teeth up off the ground the chicken jumps out of the box and there is no egg. So I'm thinking it is a Roo and he wants to call the hens to the nest boxes to lay their eggs. So I leave the coop only to be called back and low and behold the Roo is a hen
hit.gif
and she shows me another most perfect, altho small egg. She will probly be the first one broody, She took her beak and turns the egg in the nest and clucks at me kind of like saying, "Isn't this great!" Well good girl, I say! Now I need to find a roo or two!!!!
woot.gif

Your lucky you need a Roo...most of us are trying to find homes for ours. I have 2 I need to rehome. Look on craigs list I'm sure you will find one soon enough. Good luck, and congrats to the new layer!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom