Roo humor...sort of

johnsons-r-us

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
Eudora, Kansas
frow.gif

I have to share. With all the reading on here I am going to need to find him a new home or pot (not much meat here). And we have two nice boys anyway. Thought someone might get a smile out of this. So, yesterday I went out to collect eggs. My OEGB boy, same age as the rest of them…..got them last Easter….was out as usual with the rest of the flock foraging around the yard (they all free range). We have lots of leaves in the yard all nice and crunchy. I am about halfway to the coop when I hear swish….swish….swish… swish….and if it would have been night I would have run back to the house. I thought Chuckie was behind me!
ep.gif
I turn around and about 10 feet behind me was Squeaky, the little OEGB. He froze as I stared at him. I turned around and continued to walk towards the coop, again I hear swish….swish….swish… swish, I turn back and there he is, staring at me. He’s the only one around. I go in and collect the eggs and start walking back to the house and he’s still hanging out watching me. I walk towards him to see if he backs off, nope. I go closer, he stands his ground. I make him back up with my foot (not touching him but putting it out over his head) because I don’t want him jumping on me and he backs up but doesn’t turn around and walk away. So I make him backup a few feet under protest and then walk into the house. He stopped following me. Just from his big attitude I know he is the first to go. I don’t feel I can trust the little bugger not to jump me. I was warned those OEGB’s were like that. We didn’t intend on getting any roo’s, but like most often happens we just got some with our chicks. The other two are great, so I think I will be letting him go as I don’t need him anyway. It’s funny NOW…but reality says he’s got it in him to jump me one of these days…..I’m actually REALLY glad I’ve read so much here about this kind of behavior. Otherwise I would have just thought he wanted to be friendly.
hu.gif

Chuckie?
ep.gif
I hate/fear Chuckie.
hide.gif
He showed up here one Christmas many years ago. I immediately put him in the cellar. He woud show up in the darnedest places. My wife and kids thought that it was hysterical - NOT. I think the Princess was terrorizing me. I finally burned him and watched the whole process to make sure that he did NOT rise from the ashes. Have I mentioned that I heat/fear Chuckie?
hide.gif

Your little bantam rooster is a piece of cake compared to Chuckie.
hide.gif

I haven't had one issue with this little guy since this episode....and after reading a post from Beekissed and another poster on the "mean rooster thread" I see that I don't have to assume I will have problems with my roos being really mean or agressive. What a relief! I know he is still young, but he did take the hint when I forced him to back up. I will take that as a good sign!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom