Roo lethargic and purple comb

bigbird

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Roo fine this morning. Tonight, comb purple and kind of cool and he’s standing quiet with eyes shut. Normal breathing, no wheezing, coughing, or sneezing. He’s about 2 years old. Not wanting to eat or drink. Felt crop and felt hard. I gave him syringed water, turned him upside down and expressed his crop. Gave him antibiotics and vitamins. Anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening with him? I’ve never seen anything like this. He’s not exposed to outside birds.

Well, shoot. I recently was reading a thread about a roo with a purple face and several people thought it was a heart issue.
How do his poops look? You can search these Emergency forums for the thread on the purple faces roo. I think the poster was treating him forcworms and maybe coccidiosis. Have you added any new birds to your flock recently?

Nothing has changed. He was given ivermectin about 10 days ago, but his siblings were given it as well, and they are fine. Hard to believe how young he is that it could be his heart. I’m so perplexed. His poo is runny. I’ll see if I can’t get a fecal done tomorrow if he’s still alive.

Back
Top Bottom