Roo or hen? Corrected & figured it out ;)

austrianalps13

Songster
8 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Harpers Ferry WV
Thank you for the help 😉😁

It's the brown gray speckled looking one. Its slowly acting like a rooster. I hope for the chicken it's a girl, but hey.... for fun I'm asking.... I will give it life until im certain.

Attachments

• 20201212_095500.jpg
    20201212_095500.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20201212_095407.jpg
    20201212_095407.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 14
It's a chicken. (The species.)

For male chickens: (which yours is one)
If it is under a year, it's called a cockerel.
Over a year, it's a rooster.

Hen is the proper term for a female chicken over a year. Pullet for a female chicken under a year.

Asking if it is a "chicken or rooster" is the equivalent (when talking about humans) is asking if it is a "human or a boy". :)

Your boy will be beautiful as he grows :)
Hopefully he does well with you and your hens/pullets.

That's a boy. Chicken only tells you the animal, not the gender. For example, if I say I have a
bantam mille fleur frizzled cochin female chicken, bantam tells me the size, mille fleur tells me the color, frizzled tells me the feather type, cochin tells me the breed, female tells me the gender, and chicken tells me the species.

Sorry but it’s a Rooster.
The animal is called a Chicken. Not the females. Adult Males are Roosters, and Adult Females are Hens. Male under 1 year is a Cockerel, and Female under one year is a Pullet.

TheOddOneOut already explained this some, but I just want to make sure you understand!

Oh, oops, actually I did know that. HAHA, well to my defense English is my second language. Thanks for the responses. I was afraid he was a rooster. He is going into the pot next week. 🤤
No worries!

That handsome boy is going in the pot already! I would just personally sell him cause of his gorgeous looks
:love
:lau

Just kidding, I'm sure he'll taste amazing! :drool Enjoy! You gave him a great life.

Back
Top Bottom