Roo or hen??(picture heavy)

11ChickenGirl11

Chirping
Apr 29, 2015
Northeast USA
Ok, so my 10 chicks are 7 weeks and I need some help identifilying if they are a roo or hen. Please note that I was not able to take pictures of all of them. Thanks:).

Barred rock#1

Barred rock#2

Black star#1

Black star#2

americauna#1

Americauana#2

Barred Rock #2 is the only one that even begins to make me think cockerel.
Black Star is a name that is used to market Black Sex Link chickens - they are bred so that their color/pattern is linked to their sex - males would be barred, your birds are black with copper markings - they are female
Your Ameraucana are a couple of lovely Easter Egger pullets.

Barred Rock #2 is the only one that even begins to make me think cockerel.
Black Star is a name that is used to market Black Sex Link chickens - they are bred so that their color/pattern is linked to their sex - males would be barred, your birds are black with copper markings - they are female
Your Ameraucana are a couple of lovely Easter Egger pullets.
X2

All look like girls. Are you worried about the barred rocks because they get red when they run around? Mine blushed easily. I could have sworne a few were boys they got so red in the waddles.

Barred Rocks, Chocolate Orpingtons, Black Copper Marans are easily sexed after three weeks. The hard one for me to figure out is the Americauanas. I noticed some have a slight pea comb already, whereas some do not. Now, my guess is the development of an early pea comb means a Rooster. But, time will tell on the 6 Americana chicks I have.

Back
Top Bottom