Roo or hen!

Tiffanyduggan

Hatching
Jan 7, 2022
Hello farm friends!
We have been raising chickens for a while! The town I live in it is illegal to have a rooster. I’ve had a few roosters that we loved but had to give to a farmer in another town bc my neighbors called animal control on me! Due to the crowing. I had a great flock of Hens that were laying and the storm we had in September our flock was killed by a fisher cat I believe. Anyways we got more as chicks and have raised them up. Now I have 8 and I’m concerned 2 of them are roosters. There’s 2 leghorns that are HUGE AND one I absolutely know is a hen but the other crows and has the deep red waddles and comb however no safflower feathers or anything else besides the crow to Ensure that it’s a rooster. The black and white one does have the tail and it mimics the white leghorn when it crows. They’re about 6 months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 11
Both are boys to me.
That’s what I was afraid of! My neighbor is going to have a field day! Thanks I was pretty sure but I wanted to have another opinion. I know that some hens do crow especially when there is no roo! Oh gawd I don’t want to get rid of them! I love my chickies! Thank God I have a great relationship with a farmer in another town he will take them and raise them he’s a great guy! This stinks! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom