Roo or Hen?

RobynD

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 1, 2013
I think this one is a Brahma as it has feathered feet. But I'm wondering if you think it's a roo or a hen?? I hope it's a hen but my gut keeps saying roo! (I have no experience in this, as I'm new to raising these little girls!) She's 8 weeks old. I know, I know, I'm going to have to wait until it lays or crows... but wanted a little insight from you experts!
smile.png

It looks like a pullet to me. I don't see any pointy hackle or saddle feathers, and the comb is small.

Edit: I see some stray reddish feathers on the wings. If these feathers increase in coverage, my guess will change to male, as reddish coloration in that area often means male.

Last edited:
Oh good! Her body stature is just so different from the rest, maybe because she's the only Brahma! She's so pretty! Thanks!

pullet, but that dosent look like a brahma to me. Brahma do not come in a color like your has and i am pretty sure yours has a beard,brahmas dont have beards. She looks like an easter egger crossed with a breed that has feathered feet

Hmmm, you could be right! She was actually 1 of 5 that we hatched from 4-H as a project for my daycare/preschool and there was no telling what the eggs were so we just have to guess...I'm sure they are all cross breeds. So maybe an Easter Egger, but what other breed has feathered feet??? Guess she's just a mutt!
wink.png

feathered feet breeds- brahma, silkie, cochin, favorelles, langshan, sultans, d'uccles, marans. These are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, but i'm sure I missed a few. She is none of the above. She just a mutt, but very pretty

Back
Top Bottom