Roo or not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mommysongbird, May 19, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    I am a roo (mommy knows, she heard me crow)!!!

[​IMG]

But what am I??

[​IMG]

Sorry not the best picture, but he/she doesn't like to pose. [​IMG]

2. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I'm goning to guess roo with that massive comb, but a good indicator is the saddle/back area, as the feathers there grow pointier and longer then in hens. Try looking there, or posting a picture of it.

3. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Ms.Frizzle :

I'm goning to guess roo with that massive comb, but a good indicator is the saddle/back area, as the feathers there grow pointier and longer then in hens. Try looking there, or posting a picture of it.

Okay, I will try to get a better pic of him/her. I have a few others that are possibly roos, but their combs aren't near the sizes of these two and they are all the same size, but I am still not sure on their breeds.​

4. Ms.Frizzle

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    That white one looks like it could be a white sultan mix, they have top hats, and V shaped combs. They also have a five toe mutation, yours might too. That black one is also some type of crested mix, could be the same father, different mother = diff color.

5. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Ms.Frizzle :

That white one looks like it could be a white sultan mix, they have top hats, and V shaped combs. They also have a five toe mutation, yours might too. That black one is also some type of crested mix, could be the same father, different mother = diff color.

All 3 of our white ones have that crest. Actually the blacks ones do to, not all but some.

One of our white ones has just a bit of a comb, here she is, at least I hope she is a she. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ms.Frizzle

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Yep, that one looks like a female!

7. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Ms.Frizzle :

Yep, that one looks like a female!

Yay, I hope so, she is my Fancy Girl!! [​IMG]

8. Rocky Road

Rocky Road Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Some in the background and the black ones look a bit like my Polish chicks. I say they may be a Polish cross?? And the second one definately looks like a roo to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by