Roo or pullet?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kylen2007, Mar 18, 2015.

1. kylen2007

kylen2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    Ohio
    Everyone seems to have fun guessing at these so let's see what you think. I have my first set of chicks that are ameraucanas and 2
    Weeks old. They are supposed to be pullets but two of them have me wondering. One has no tail feathers yet and all the others have them almost an inch long and s/he is very aggressive. S/he will charge the other chicks and when ever i approach. The brooder s/he will raise her had an look at me. S/he always comes at my hand pecks it. Idk if she isnjust curious or trying to let me know who is boss. Then my other one is much larger than the other chicks and her legs seem to have more gerth to them. What do you think?

Here is both of them [​IMG]

Here is the one without tail feathers [​IMG]

This is my big one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MamaRudey

MamaRudey Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say they are still too little to tell, you will know for sure in a couple more weeks.

3. kylen2007

kylen2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    Ohio
    That's what i figured. :/

4. rose61

rose61 New Egg

Mar 19, 2015
    They are supposed to be pullets but two of them have me wondering. One has no tail feathers yet and all the others have them almost an inch long and s/he is very aggressive. S/he will charge the other chicks and when ever i approach. The brooder s/he will raise her had an look at me. S/he always comes at my hand pecks it. Idk if she isnjust curious or trying to let me know who is boss. Then my other one is much larger than the other chicks and her legs seem to have more gerth to them. What do you think?

:*RosE*:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by