Roo? Please help also breed if you know

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsp523, Aug 3, 2010.

1. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    Ok She/He (going to name it sheehee just because some say girl, some boy!!) is about 16-17 weeks old. The person we got this group from said some were BO, some they didnt know....No spurs (dont know when they start showing up, there are only bumps where I guess they could grow in at some point) No crowing, although its it the loudest of the bunch. On the friendly side but clearly runs the show with all the girls, has taken up grabbing them on rare occasion by the neck and pulling them. But the girls are not at all fearful of his tactics. It is also the largest of all my birds (rest are clearly all pullets). So what do you think? Roo or Pullet? Any ideas of what type, seems that it is a cross but of what?? Thanks for your help The last picture is from a week or two ago, the first 3 I took this evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Stumped...maybe, roo? No idea on the breed.

3. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Well, the feathers say it's a roo for sure. Not sure of the breed. Nice yellow legs though!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    holy cow thats a boy!!!

5. mrsp523

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    Holy Cow I Hope Your Right!! [​IMG] It would make a good Roo and we wanted just 1 and "He" would make one! I keep saying Roo, and DH just says its my wishful thinking. Thanks for all your votes so far! Wish I knew what type he was. And yes the feathers do say Roo, that is 1 thing he has going for him. [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:screaming roo withthose legs and hackle feathers!!! Tell hubbie you won!

7. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Roo for sure. He might be some sort of cross. Maybe a BO with a EE. [​IMG]

8. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    100% roo should start crowing nicely for you soon [​IMG]

9. mrsp523

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    [​IMG] ty everyone for responses. I have been worried that we would have to get a roo, and we all know how the luck with getting a nice roo goes. Disciplining my childrens negitive behavior is done in a way to allow correction [​IMG] But for the Roo....well....

10. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    You have a roo and it looks like he is going to be a pretty one at that. I see you have some BOs in the back ground but he looks more like a Rock with the yellow legs..hard to tell what kind of comb he has though. It would need to be straight if he is a buff rock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by