Roo Problem?

bigredfeather

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Yorkshire, Ohio
I bought a roo about a month and a half ago that is about 25 weeks old now. I got him from the same breeder I got my pullets and one roo from in September. They are all very happy and laying an egg each almost everyday. But the roo I bought later seems to have something wrong with it. His legs are skinny. He sits down a lot. Even when all the other are free ranging, he sits down and watches them. Tonight I watched him fall off the roost as he tried to climb it.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem? And what should I do?

Is he getting picked on ? Maybe the hens are ganging up on him and no letting him eat, That would cause him to be weak !!

Have you wormed him ? How about mites ? Have you checked him for mites ? They can cause a chicken to be anemic and that would cause weakness.

So you have two roosters?

Ive had a 4 roosters in the last year and each had a very different personality. It may not be a medical problem, but we need more info.

my hens and roosters are always "falling" off things. when they fall they use their wings to slow them down. It looks chaotic but I think its normal.

Yes I have two roosters. Another thing I noticed is that his comb has lost it's redness, and is somewhat falling over. He just looks like something is wrong. I am concerned because if he is a potential risk to the others, I want to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom