Roo problem

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Toshi, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Ok i am over ran with Roos, i am gettign rid of 3 next week. I just foudn out that a pullet i bought might be a roo and that upsetting a bit becuase i already have 2 other roo i am keeping, Griffin a big 18 week SS and Varmint a little 1 pound cross (might keep or get rid of him) and i really want to keep my GLW it is a good bird and all, i only bought 2 last time a Rock and the GLW the Rock is a pullet and i already have 2 SS hens, next year on easter i plan on getting 5 more 2 SS and 2 BR 1 GLW and my real question is would 2 roos share 8 hens? Or would they fight way to much over it. My 1 SS roo is a good boy he is calm and all and my GLW might be a bit more aggrissive but woudl they share that little amount of hens? I can only have a limited number of chickens. I need some good advice thanks. Please help.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

What is the # you can keep? With that few hens I would only keep one roo and that would be gentler one. 2 roos with 8 hens is too many roos or not enough hens. Sorry, I got a bit lost in your post so I hope I have my facts right. [​IMG]

3. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Sorry if it confused you, the number is like 13 or so

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by