Roo? updated pics....alot

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by birdface, Nov 2, 2011.

1. birdface

birdface Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    Still trying to guess if the black one is a roo or not...And now trying to guess what breed it is. Im pretty sure its not a blue ameraucana like i was told, Im guessing maybe a french Copper Maran or Black Austrlop, since thats also what the guy had there. And if anyone thinks the other two might be roos; blue amer.,and a salomon faverolle; please tell me. And is it just me or does The salomon's head seem to be small?? To me the rest of her is growing but the head is still small...maybe its just me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the black one appears to be a roo and looks like a ba or jg. its not a french bcm they have feathers on their legs

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The black one is a Roo. I can't tell by the pictures, but are it's legs blue? If so, it's not an Aussie...

The salmon fav. is a girl.

The blue AM. looks an awful lot like a boy. Do you have better pictures of it? How old is it?

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    on my screen the legs of the black one appears to be the slat/black color

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

The black one is all boy!

6. birdface

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    CRAP. The black ones legs are on the black/ dark blueish color. Im guessing they are around 4-6 weeks? old.. I dont think the were day olds when i got them. I figured the salomon was a girl just by the coloring. I was really hoping that the blue one was a girl. These are the only other pic i have right now. I ll try to get some more in the next couple of days...they dont like to hold still long enough

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Roo

8. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Quote:It looks like a roo.
    It could still be a ameraucana, just a black one. If the person was using only blue to breed, then the percentage of the offspring should be 50% blue, 25% black, and 25% splash. I know the comb is wrong, I was just commenting on the color. most likely a Austrlop [​IMG]

The salmon looks like a pullet, not sure about the blue.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. birdface

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    I dont think hes an AM... He doest have puffy cheeks and im pretty sure hes got some waddles growing in.

10. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    The black one is a BA cause I have one just like it. Sadly I guess I have a roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by